Monday 1 April 2019

Normal

I don’t think that I intended this blog to be a Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP) status update place, but, whatever, I have TTP for the fourth time, TTP #4. I guess we can debate as to whether I have TTP all the time or just occasionally.


I wrote another blog called Ignorant, Stupid, Chronic. All about how I have learned about TTP and have accepted that I am a chronic TTP patient. I’m not really fond of the word patient because normally I am not a patient, but I have to accept that I will be a patient. 

Being a TTP patient is a now a state of life for Bruce Morton, normal …

A time in my life to set back, take it easy and reset my blood. Too bad, no beer or Scotch, but whatever, normal …

I do have to ensure that I am productive in the so called regular season. Things need to be closed off. Not good to procrastinate and leave things open for the reset season. I think I have progressed at that and this should help Alanna, my boys and co-workers. 

I’m not sure what people think about Bruce and his TTP disease. Is it starting to get old? What’s the big deal, he keeps on coming back.  Frankly I can’t figure it out either except that it is now, normal …

And what am I supposed to do when I’m not fighting TTP. Just hang around the home waiting? Well, in the 20 months since TTP #3 in 2017, I have learned to curl, skated at Parliament Hill, saw a Concorde and Enola Gay, went to Vegas, was in a Blue Man Group show, saw the Hoover Dam, Red Rock Scenic Drive, Death Valley and the Alabama Hills. Saw plays Come From Away, The Hockey Sweater and went to London and saw The Book of Mormon and Bat Out of Hell. Toured to Edinburgh, Pitlochry, Inverness and the site of the Battle of Culloden. Enjoyed the Canadian Canoe Museum, went wide open in a bass boat, enjoyed the Ottawa River with our family and friends and had lunch with some Hell’s Angels (well, sat beside some Hell’s Angels in the restaurant). Enjoyed our 30th anniversary at Black River Resort, a week in Shanghai, another in Punta Cana and saw Sequoias in Yosemite National Park.

So now I’m just going through my reset, normal …, and starting to look forward to Greece, summer in Sheen, the bay and fresh Guinness in Ireland.

Normal …

Thanks, Bruce.
@BruceFightsTTP

5 comments:

  1. Continue the good fight Bruce and live life to the fullest when you can. That's all any of us can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continue with what you're doing Bruce. You seem to be maximizing your time between bouts and recharging when needed. Know that others are not tired of hearing about your TTP but will offer support as best as we can. Let us know when you are heading to the lot and we'll bring our kayaks over to visit with you and Alanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Bruce. You are rocking this. My wife and I have a very similar situation (but a different disease T-Cell LGL Leukemia). Life is a journey not a destination my friend. Mark Ruchie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there I am writing you from turkey. I was also diagnosed with ttp a year ago. can you help me ? what was the reason for your ttp?

    ReplyDelete